Saturday, July 21, 2007

Clay Times Magazine

Its time to share my favorite Cermamics magazine. I love CLAY TIMES! It is one of those magazines that I wait for anxiously at my mailbox and begin reading on the spot. It has a great variety of articles, how-to demonstrations, glaze recipes, health and safety issues, and gallery images. I keep a shelf for my old issues in my studio and use them for inspiration when I need to trouble shoot a problem. The design of the magazine is very readable with large glossy images that capture the glazes clearly. If you haven't checked it out yet you can get a bit of a preview on their website (thought the site is a lot more jumbled than the magazine). One of my favorite parts is the Slurry Bucket Tips where readers send in their most ingenious studio-tested tips and techniques.

No comments: