Saturday, February 23, 2008

Playing Around

So I have been playing around with my new light system and am not super confident with it yet. Sometimes I just want avoid all the other stuff, like the promotions, sales, website update, photography, networking, etc, etc. In a perfect world I would just sit at my wheel and make stuff. But I guess the universe is telling me that I need to learn more. So here I am, fooling around with lighting and photoshop editing and hoping that I will learn enough to make my pottery as beautiful in a photograph as it is in person. Here is one of my newest product shots. I'm hoping that it isn't too bright because I know that computer monitors show images drastically different depending on their age. I am open to suggestions if you would like to help me out!

4 comments:

Designing Hilary said...

It's very pleasing! Outstanding job!

gary rith said...

Looks to me like you are doing very well. Mind sharing what type of light box system you got?

Pam McFadyen said...

No problem. I got the Square Perfect SP500 PLATINUM Series Photo Studio from DiscountTommy on Ebay. It came with 2 tents, lights and tripods. I just need to get a graduated background for it now. It came with white, black blue and green backdrops but I think a graduated one would look much better.

Emily Murphy said...

Looking good! I like the light backdrop.
I got a light box set up a couple of months ago and I like it (similar, but with a grey backdrop). The main issue that I have with the one I have is the size limitation. But it works for small to mid-size Etsy pieces! My favorite thing to use to make sure colors and contrast is the "I'm feeling lucky" button on Picasa. http://picasa.google.com/